The Administration Department serves as the hub for Village government administrative, financial, and personnel related operations and carries out the statutory responsibilities of Village Clerk and Village Treasurer. The Administration Department strives to deliver friendly, accountable, and responsible service in an effective and efficient manner to other Department personnel, residents, appointed and elected officials, and the general public.
The Administration Department serves as a primary resource for all inquiries and requests for information related to our local government. We invite you to contact us regarding the major operations listed below, and any other Village government related matter. If we cannot help you, you will be quickly and courteously connected to someone who can.
Although Administration Department personnel are familiar with the general aspects of all Department operations, several of them specialize in certain areas and can therefore serve you more effectively and efficiently. Please refer to Contact Us for a listing of Administration Department personnel and their areas of expertise.
Major areas of operation include:
- Boards, Commissions, and Committees &; Membership, Agenda and Minute Management
- Election Administration
- Financial Administration
- License Issuance - Alcohol Beverage, Pet, and Cigarette and Tobacco Products
- Personal and Real Estate Property Tax Administration. The first installment of property tax is due to the Village by January 31st. The second installment is paid to Dane County by July 31st. Property tax bills are mailed by the third Monday in December. Assessments and tax information can also be found at https://accessdane.countyofdane.com/
- Personal and Real Estate Property Assessment Administration
- Personnel Management
- Permit Issuance - Solicitor, Special Event (Indoor and Outdoor), and Street Use
- Public Records Management
- Village Code of Ordinance
- Utility Billing