Time to start thinking basketball, free Thanksgiving turkeys, holiday cooking, Santa phone calls, and more! Don’t miss out on these fun events and programs – deadlines are approaching!
WE’RE HIRING & NEWS
- THANKSGIVING TURKEY SHOOT – Sat, November 16th at 10:00am. Located at Taylor Prairie School Gym. FREE Family Event! Win one turkey per family! No pre-registration. Sign up at the door!
- SANTA ON THE LINE – FREE! Ages 10 & under. Wednesday, Dec 11 Santa will call your child between 6:00-8:00 pm (choose your ideal time on the form). Must sign up by Dec 1 for free and a form will be emailed to you closer to Dec 11 to let Santa know a little bit about your child! Sponsored by Cottage Grove Lion’s Club.
- HIRING: Basketball Score Keeper/Gym Supervisor: Must be at least 18 yrs old. Saturday mornings beginning at 9am through the early afternoon from Jan 11-Feb 29. Email Brooke if interested by Nov 10 at email@example.com.
- Deadline Extended to Nov 3 - Intro to Photoshop: Wed, Nov 6 at 6:00-7:30 pm. Located at 210 Progress Dr. $30.
- Easy as Pie – For the Holidays: Sun, Nov 24 at 1:00-3:00 pm. Located at 4548 Falcon Ct; Cook’s Kitchen. $35; includes all materials. Register by Nov 17.
- Paint & Sip “Let it Snow!”: Thurs, Dec 12 at 6:00-8:30 pm. Located at The Oaks Golf Course. Step-by-step instructions – create for yourself or give as a gift! $35. Register by Dec 5.
- *Deadlines Extended to Nov 4 – Basketball Leagues have open spots yet!
- Girls Basketball 5th/6th Grade: 7 spots
- Boys Basketball 5th grade: 1 spot
- Boys Basketball 6th Grade: 8 spots
- Boys Basketball 7th/8th Grade: 2 spots
- Deadlines Extended: Chess Class
- Grade K-1st: Mondays, 11/4-12/16 (no 12/2) at 2:40-3:40 pm. Located at Taylor Prairie Step Room. $85/6 Week Session. Register by Nov 3.
- Grade 2nd-4th: Wednesdays, 11/6-12/18 (no 11/27) at 2:40-3:40 pm. Located at Cottage Grove School Library. $85/6 Week Session. Register by Nov 5.
- Deadline Extended: Brick Builders: Thursdays, 11/7-12/19 at 2:40-3:40 pm. Grades 2nd-4th. Located at Cottage Grove Library. $75; 6 Week Session. Register by Nov 6.
- Afterschool Glass Fusing: Thursdays, Nov 21-Dec 12 at 3:30-4:30 pm. Located at Glacial Drumlin Cafeteria. Grades 5-8. $35; includes all materials. Register by Nov 14.
- GDS Drama Club “Me, My Selfie, & I”: Begins Jan 13 with rehearsal days on Thursdays and beginning in March they will be Mon & Thur through April 30 from 3:40-5:00 pm. Exciting News: This year our final performance will take place in the MGHS auditorium on Sun, May 3! Register by Jan 5.
To register for programs online, click HERE.Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.